His Excellency Sheikh Sultan bin Ahmed Al Qasimi
H.H. Sheikh Sultan bin Muhammad Al Qasimi, Supreme Council Member, Ruler of Sharjah, issued Amiri Decree No. 26 of 2021 regarding the appointment of H.H. Sheikh Sultan bin Ahmad Al Qasimi, Deputy Ruler of Sharjah, as the Chairman of the Petroleum Council.
His Highness has extensive experience in the industry as he was previously the Vice Chairman of the Petroleum Council since 1999 in addition to his tasks as Chairman of the Board of Directors of Sharjah National Oil Corporation since (2010) and Vice Chairman of Sharjah LPG Co. Ltd. (Shalco) (2004-2011).
In his role as Chairman of the Petroleum Council, H.H. Sheikh Sultan bin Ahmad Al Qasimi follows in the footsteps of his father, the late Sheikh Ahmad bin Sultan Al Qasimi, Deputy Ruler of Sharjah and former Chairman of the Petroleum Council, in whose reign many developments and achievements took place in the field of oil and gas in Sharjah.
H.H. Sheikh Sultan bin Ahmad Al Qasimi received a B.S. Of Business Administration from Arkansas State University, the United States of America and Masters in Computer and Information Systems from the University of Detroit Mercy, Michigan, USA.
- Received the Arab League’s ”Media Personality of the Year 2016“ award in recognition of his active role in developing the media sector locally and regionally.
Establishing Sharjah Government Media Bureau ( formally known as Sharjah Media Centre )
- Restructuring Sharjah Media Corporation, which includes among others Sharjah TV, Sharjah Radio, Sharjah Sports Channel and Sharjah Media Training Centre
Establishing new television channels like Al Dhaid’s Al Wosta and Al Sharqiya from Kalba
- Establishing Sharjah 24, the premier Arabic and English news portal dedicated to Sharjah and the UAE
Launching XPOSURE, the first photography festival of its kind in the region Launching OMNESMedia.com, the first professional media network portal
- Launching the International Government Communication Forum in 2012 Launching the Sharjah Government Communication Award in 2013 Establishing Sharjah Government Media Bureau’s Government Communication Department in 2013
- Launching Sharjah’s first active Government Communication Network in 2013
Launching Sharjah Events portal www.sharjahevents.ae in 2016
Launching the first-of-its-kind International Government Communication Centre in 2017
Economy and Business
- Deputy Chairman of the Sharjah Petroleum Council since 1999
Chairman of Sharjah Pipeline Company ( Anabeeb ) since 2003
Deputy Chairman of Sharjah LPG Co. Ltd. ( SHALCO ) from 2004 to 2011 Chairman of Basma Group since 2005
Board Member of Dana Gas since 2005
Chairman of Sharjah National Oil Company since 2010
Chairman of the Sharjah General Services Company ( Khadamat ) since 2013 Chairman of Tilal Properties since 2014
Chairman of the Board of Directors of Eskan Real Estate Development LLC since 2014
Chairman of the Board of Directors of Arcadia Middle East LLC since 2016 Chairman of the Board of Directors of Klampfer Middle East LLC since 2016 Chairman of the Board of Directors of Arada Developments LLC since 2017
Tourism and Environment
- Deputy Chairman of Sharjah Equestrian and Racing Club from 2002 to 2011 Chairman of Green Planet LLC. since 2005
Chairman of Sharjah Commerce and Tourism Development Authority – SCTDA from 2006 to 2012
- Launching Sharjah Water Festival and F1 Powerboat Race in 2007 Chairman of the Medical Waste Company WEKAYA LLC. since 2010 Launching Sharjah Light Festival in 2011
Chairman of the Executive Committee for the Sharjah Islamic Culture Capital 2014
- Establishing Al Majaz Amphitheatre, the first of its kind in the region, in 2014